CaregiversYou cannot be replaced. But you can be helped.
Coleman Adult Day Services helps give you back the precious gifts of time and energy. By engaging your loved one with medically-sound care and activities that promote growth, we help make your loved one as strong and sound as possible — making your lives together as best they can be.
But we do more than give you back some time and energy. Socializing in structured groups can help slow the effects of dementia in your loved one.
Socializing can also give your loved one a greater sense of belonging, live a more structured and active life, as well as enhance and maintain focus. Socializing is healthy. Isolation can quicken negative effects of dementia.
Warning Signs of Dementia
Caregivers, if you are just exploring your options, wondering what to look for and what’s next, we ask that you first look for the basic warning signs associated with Alzheimer’s Disease or Dementia. There are plenty of resources to research, but if your loved one is facing the following challenges, we encourage you to contact their physician for details.
- Memory loss disrupts daily life
- Challenges in planning or solving problems
- Difficulty finishing familiar tasks
- Confusion with time or place
- Difficulty reading, judging distance, or determining color
- New struggle with speaking, writing or difficulty with vocabulary
- Misplacing things or unable to retrace steps
- Poor or decreased judgment
- Withdrawal from work or socializing
- Deep changes in mood and personality
Schedule a Tour!
Visit. Ask questions. Every guest is different and we are ready to discuss your loved one’s specific needs so we can accommodate them. That’s what makes Coleman different.